Thursday, October 06, 2005

If you can't take the heat....

...don't play with the boys.

You have to learn to take it. Or at least, learn to give back as good as you get.
They trash-talk, you trash talk. Stop labouring under the severely mistaken notion that these people are your friends.

Just play the game. Play it as hard and as well as you can.
Don't be nicey-nicey. This isn't a gradeshool playground.
And when the nasties strike, detach. Shake it off, and focus.
Don't lose your temper. Don't throw your racket. Don't cry.
Stop being such a girl.

Just play the game.
Or stay out of the kitchen.

4 comments:

Apol said...

hi :) apol lejano here. how are u doing? i can so relate to your blog about friendships with women. i could only really start having them in my late 20s. before that, other women just baffled me!

Noelle Q. de Jesus said...

Hi Apol! How are you na in Paris? I think of you and really imagine and envy your Mayle life you know.. On women, ya, well I'm glad someone can relate. I sort of needed to get all that off my chest, I think. When I say things of this nature out loud, people tend to look at me funny. They expect me to be goddessy and Oprahesque...which I do want to be. But it isn't easy. Then again, women aren't...

Apol said...

i'm actually in the south of france, far away from paris. but, yes, it is a maylesque life, with wildlife interrupting my jogs and quirky locals adding everyday flavor... i sensed the steel under your goddess mother facade those many years ago in summit. it makes you even more interesting, i think.

Ogster said...

hi, nice blog. =P see u on Saturday!

Kids on break

Kids on break
So what are you going to do about it?

Reminder: Buy fruit

Reminder: Buy fruit

Likewise, Quintosians rule

Likewise, Quintosians rule
on with family business

FLASHBACK MANILA

FLASHBACK MANILA
Isang Sandali

Sisterhood rules

Sisterhood rules
Here's to being the best we can be!

Apparently, this is me. Now which card are you?

You are The Wheel of Fortune

Good fortune and happiness but sometimes a species of intoxication with success

The Wheel of Fortune is all about big things, luck, change, fortune. Almost always good fortune. You are lucky in all things that you do and happy with the things that come to you. Be careful that success does not go to your head however. Sometimes luck can change.

What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.