Sunday, July 09, 2006

Maybe it's all that West Wing...

Was browsing at a bookstore with my brood. For some reason, I went beyond my usual fiction haunt, venturing to non-fiction and current events. The Truth About Hillary, a political biography caught my eye. And with the first para, I was hooked. Got greedy and teamed that purchase with Sidney Blumenthal's The Clinton Wars.

Then there was American Writers and Their Homes by JD McClatchy. It's a beautiful coffee table style book, but the thrill is not just in the pictures and the architecture. The text is quite substantial and of literary and historical bent. As it should be. The author was, and if I'm not mistaken, still is, the editor of The Yale Review. In graduate school, I once submitted a story to that literary journal. Mr. McClatchy was kind enough to write me a very encouraging personal note.

Is it a sign that it's time to start again?

No comments:

Kids on break

Kids on break
So what are you going to do about it?

Reminder: Buy fruit

Reminder: Buy fruit

Likewise, Quintosians rule

Likewise, Quintosians rule
on with family business

FLASHBACK MANILA

FLASHBACK MANILA
Isang Sandali

Sisterhood rules

Sisterhood rules
Here's to being the best we can be!

Apparently, this is me. Now which card are you?

You are The Wheel of Fortune

Good fortune and happiness but sometimes a species of intoxication with success

The Wheel of Fortune is all about big things, luck, change, fortune. Almost always good fortune. You are lucky in all things that you do and happy with the things that come to you. Be careful that success does not go to your head however. Sometimes luck can change.

What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.